Friday, March 2, 2012

Nilla Wafers, Nutella, etc.


I'd forgotten how charming it was to just walk down to the local shop for groceries. It's was sunny out, so I decided to go even though it's a cane day for me. I've been buckled down. Four days in the apartment, making sure everything was good here. It's easy to fall into traps sometimes. But this place seems nice, and it was about time to be up and out.

This area of town's rather sleepy - just a few cars passed while I was walking, and one jogger. Only a handful of people at the store, too. I bought mostly boxed foods, and anything that's instructions basically amounted to boiling water. Not to mention stuff for sandwiches; the shop had a surprisingly thorough selection of bread.

When I'm with the boys, shopping's more like a NASCAR pit stop. I'm fairly certain Vinnie even started to keep times at one point. Everything slides between extremely hectic and ridiculously lazy when they're involved. And it's so, so quiet now that we've split up.

No comments:

Post a Comment